UK Student Visa

You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) UK student visa to study in the great britain if you’re above 16 or over and you:

  • Have been offered a place on a course
  • can speak, read, write and understand English
  • Have enoughmoney to support yourself and pay for your course - the amount will vary depending on your circumstances
  • are from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
  • meet the other eligibility requirements

Why Study in the UK?

  • World-Class education and academic facilities.
  • Post Study Work Visa of 2 years.
  • Institutions have consistently ranked amongst the best in the world.
  • Numerous options of specializations to study.
  • Admission possible without IELTS.
  • Affordable and value for money.
  • Scholarships and Bursaries available.
  • Masters courses with paid placements or internships.
  • Opportunity to work Part-Time 20 hours per week during study time for degree courses.
  • Opportunity to work Full time

You can apply for the Tier 4 (Child) UK student visa if you’re aged between 4 and 17 and you want to study at an independent school in the UK.

Types of Visa

  • General Visa
  • Child visa
  • Short term visa

The study course differs depending upon the study options you prefer. You can do a course that’s one of the following:

  • Full-time leading to a qualification that’s at least level 6 on the Ofqual register
  • Part-time leading to a qualification that’s at least level 7 on the Ofqual register
  • An overseas course of degree level study that’s equal to a UK higher education course and is being run by an overseas higher education institution
  • Full-time, with at least 15 hours per week of organized daytime study, leading to a qualification which is at least level 3 on the Ofqual register
  • A recognized foundation program as a postgraduate doctor or dentist
  • An English language course at level B2 or above on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
  • The biggest advantage of UK education in comparison to other educational destinations worldwide is that the UK provides programs of shorter duration.

Bachelor's -3 years (4 years in Scotland).

  • Master's -1 year (2 years with placement / internship also available)

UK Student Visa Requirement

  • A valid current passport or other travel documentation
  • Proof of finance stating that you can support yourself and pay for your course - this may vary depending on your circumstances
  • proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you’re under 18
  • Letter of recommendations from the school or college for pursuing higher studies
  • proof of your relationship with your parent or guardian if you’re under 18
  • your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test

You need a blank page in your passport for your UK study visa.

You may also need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.

When to apply

  • UK Universities have two major intakes
  • September / October
  • January / February

The earliest you can apply for a study visa is 3 months before you start your course and usually get a decision of approval on your visa within 3 weeks. You can arrive in the UK before your course starts:

  • up to 1 week before, if your course lasts 6 months or less
  • up to 1 month before, if your course lasts more than 6 months

The duration you can stay depends on the kind of course you’re pursuing and what study you’ve already completed.

English Proficiency

International English Language Testing System In general the English Language requirement as per UKVI is CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) Level B2 which is equivalent to a minimum 5.5 overall with 5.5 in each section in IELTS.

Although UKVI requirement is IELTS 5.5 overall but most of the UK Universities require students with IELTS 6.0 or 6.5 overall with minimum 5.5 in each section.

IELTS waiver is available in many of the universities if the student has secured more than 65% -70% marks in 12th Grade English.

Pre-sessional English Language program is also offered for students who do not meet the IELTS requirements of a particular course at a University.

Chid Visa

  • You Must

    • Have a course in line for a study in the UK
    • Have the consent from your parent or local guardian
    • Have enough finances to cover your course fees and living costs

    should be from a country that does not belong to the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland

  • How long it will take

    The earliest you can apply for a visa is 3 months before you start your course.

    You'll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

  • Fees

    It costs approximately £348 to apply for a Tier 4 (Child) student visa from outside the UK.

    You must also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application.

  • Duration

    Below 16- Course years can be 6 ears in addition to 4 months

    16-17 years- Course duration is 3 years with additional 4 months

Short term visa

You are allowed to stay in the UK for the entire duration of your course or research.

You can be allowed to stay for an extra 30 days if your total stay in the UK would be no more than 6 months, or no more than 11 months, applicable for both

  • Age: 16 or over
  • studying an English language course

Your visa is valid as long as you are allowed to stay in the UK.

If you do not require a visa to visit the UK, you can study for up to 6 months without applying in advance. You must check with a border officer when you arrive in the UK – also do not make use of the ePassport gates.

If you want to study for longer than 6 months, you must apply for a Short-term study visa in advance.


  • The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service is one of the UK based organization whose main role is to operate the application process for British universities
  • It is a common application portal majorly operating for undergraduate applications and some postgraduate ones as well
  • Application fees for a single choice is 20 Pounds and for multiple courses it is 25 Pounds
  • The deadline for submitting applications is 15th January and 30th June for the upcoming September intake of a calendar year

If you’re applying to work in the UK You can get a CAS (Confirmation of acceptance for studies) if you’re applying to either:

  • work as a student union sabbatical officer
  • Stay in the UK to look for work after you’ve finished your PhD or doctorate - the ‘Doctorate Extension Scheme’ (DES)

What you can and cannot do on a study visa

You can:

  • study
  • work as a student union sabbatical officer
  • you may take dependant partner or child with you under dependant visa UK
  • apply to extend your stay
  • work in most jobs - depending on what level your course is and sponsor you have

You cannot:

  • get public funds
  • work in certain jobs, for example professional sportsperson or sports coach
  • Study at an academy or a local authority- funded school.
  • You are not permissible to get family members/ dependents regardless they fill their own application.

Post Study Work Visa

  • UK offers a Post Study Work Visa of two years after completing a Bachelors or Masters Course.
  • Students who will complete their degrees after June 2021 will be eligible for the Post Study Work Visa.


  • Cosmos Immigration is one of the reliable immigration companies, which offers professional consultancy services for the UK and discusses the further action plan.
  • The Team Cosmos Immigration has many years of experience in immigration visa and citizenship law, with an emphasis on Skilled & Business Migration and Study abroad.
  • Our Professional Team will consult with each client to understand their needs and interests and provide customized solutions with proper documentation
  • We help in the management of the whole process and representation within the legal framework of immigration to reach those personalized goals.
From Saturday to Thursday (8.00 AM to 8.00 PM)

For further assistance Ask our Expert

Enter your information

Choose the Destination to migrate