Why USA?

The United States of America is a country with a multicultural society, which lies in the central North America between Mexico and Canada. America's openness to immigration has enriched its culture and expanded economic opportunity enhancing its influence in the world. Discovered by Christopher Columbus, the first known usage of the name "America" traces back to 1507, after its appearance on a world map in honor of the Italian explorer Amerigo Vespucci. The United States of America (USA) consists of 50 states, a federal district, five major self-governing territories, and other possessions. It is a vibrant country with a stable economy; and preferred choice of many immigrants; comparatively the average income is more than any Middle Eastern parts. It ranks 4th largest in the world by land area approximately 3.8 million square miles (9.8 million km2) and among the highest GDP, making it most suitable for immigration.

It is often referred to as "The land of the Free" giving the Americans a right to express themselves freely in print and speech. They can travel the world quite freely thus can take pride in themselves with the fact that they have one of the world’s best passports. The U.S. citizens can travel to 116 countries without a visa requirement and get a visa on arrival in additional 44 countries. Some of the biggest cities are - New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Phoenix, Philadelphia, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas and San Jose.

During mid-2016, the unemployment rate stood at 4.9%, which is the lowest to be considered. Thus, America is still one of the best countries to migrate to in the world with one fifth of all global migrants heading annually. The United States offers the best quality of life. Perhaps, people settle well in their new communities because of the existence of a diverse mix of cultures, sports and art forms. The education system prevails with 87% of school-age children attending government schools, about 10% attending private schools, and hardly 3% are home-schooled.

It has been the leader in technological innovations since the late 19th century, not only it has made a mark in scientific research contributions but also in computer software and hardware companies that include Adobe Systems, Apple Inc., IBM, Microsoft, and Sun Microsystems thus attracting people from all domains and generating a world class economy. Immigrants continue to integrate successfully into American society. The country opens opportunities for pupils holding advanced degrees, thus offers good education for everyone. Apparently, Cosmos helps you by extending support and plays a major role in helping with applications and immigration services.

Visa Categories

  • Employment based green card

    You are likely to get a Green card from the U.S., which allows you for a permanent residence in the United States and many other provisional benefits availed by the U.S. citizens.

    Read more

  • Student Visa

    The United States of America welcomes international students on a study visa for pursuing various courses and participating in an exchange program, one can use a non-immigrant visa which is for a temporary stay.

    Read more

  • Visit Visa

    The United States of America receives many visitors all over the world, the purpose of visit may vary. It’s a splendid multicultural nation with a blend of art depicting diverse history of States, advancements in science and technology and vivid landscapes.

    Read more

Immigrant Visa

Issued to people who are planning to migrate to the USA from Dubai under immigrant investor schemes. The visa holder is privileged to stay in the US without returning back to their home country, unlike the non-immigrant visa. It allows one to work, study and avail all the rights and facilities.

The main types are: 1. Family Sponsored 2. Employment sponsored

Family Sponsored

  • IR-1,CR-1 VISA: US spouse Visa
  • K-1Visa: Fiancé visa
  • K-2 : Children of K-1 visa holders
  • K-3 : Spouse of green card holder
  • K-4: children of K-3 visa holders
  • IR-3, CR-2, IR-4, IH-4: Adopted orphans by US citizens
  • F2A, F2B: Family members of legal permanent residents

Employment sponsored

  • Eb-1: First Priority workers
  • Eb-2 Second Priority workers
  • Eb-3 EW: Third priority workers
  • Eb- 4: Fourth Priority workers- certain special immigrants
  • EB5: fifth priority workers

Non-immigrant Visa

Issued for temporary visits to study, tourism, business, employment and family for a US visit visa from Dubai. One has to return back to the home country once the purpose is completed.

  • A Visa diplomats and foreign government officials
  • A2 NATO 1-6 Visa
  • B-1 Temporary Business visa
  • B-2 American tourist visa
  • BCC – Border crossing card
  • C visa- Transit Visa
  • CW -1 visa CNM Work visa
  • D visa for crew members
  • E visa, E1 treaty trader E2 Treaty investor
  • E3 visa work visa for Australian nationals
  • F and M Student visa USA
  • G1-G5 NATO Visa
  • H1B visa for employees into highly specialized fields
  • H1B1 Visa for Chile and Singapore nationals
  • H2A visa for agricultural workers
  • H2B visa for temporary non- agricultural workers
  • H3 Visa for training opportunities
  • I visa for journalists
  • J visa for exchange visitors
  • L intracompany transfer visa
  • O visa for people with extraordinary abilities
  • P visa for athletes, artists and entertainers
  • Q visa for cultural exchange program
  • R visa for religious workers
  • T visa for victims of human trafficking
  • TN/TD visa for Mexican and Canadian citizens who work in NAFTA
  • V visa for family unity
  • U visa for crime victims

Green Card

  • The Green Card is a document which allows one to settle permanently to the US and stay there. With the Green Card it is possible to move and stay in any state and find jobs with a suitable income.
  • Additionally, there is a benefit to travel in and out of the US. However one is not allowed to stay outside of the US for more than one year, otherwise the Green Card expires and re-application process for green card has to be initiated.

Apparently there are four categories of Green card, depending upon the situation:

  • Family sponsored Green Cards - This Green Card is issued to you if you have close family ties in the US and you are thinking of reunion. This type of Green Card is given only to immediate family, such as spouses, children, siblings, or parents of a US citizen or a US permanent resident.
  • US Employment based Green Card - This Green Card is given to you if you have applied for a job in the US from your home country. Your employer will pay for the forms and application procedure and your stay in the US. With an employment-sponsored Green Card you are confined to work for that company until your contract expires. For changing the company a specific tenure has to be completed before finding a different job with a different employer.
  • Returning resident Green Card - This Green Card is for those who previously had a Green Card but no longer exists due to travelling outside of the US and not returning back for more than one year. Reasons beyond your control are if you have been detained in another country or are not being allowed to come back for family or cultural reasons. In this case proper documents are to be submitted.
  • Diversity Visa Green Card - every year the US holds a visa lottery for citizens of countries with low immigration rates to the US. If you apply for this lottery and get a diversity visa, then you are on your way to getting a Green Card.

Benefits of Migrating to USA

  • Work and Earn in dollars with worker’s rights
  • Avail Citizenship
  • Be a privileged travel with powerful passport
  • Gain full access to government programs
  • Apply for Green card for relatives
  • Government Jobs
  • Gain a right to vote
  • Opportunity to serve in U.S. military
  • Fiancé and Spouse Visas
  • Employer-Sponsored Visas.
From Saturday to Thursday (8.00 AM to 8.00 PM)

For further assistance Ask our Expert

How Cosmos supports you

Our Professional Team will consult with each client to understand their needs and interests to provide customized solutions and representation within the legal framework of immigration to reach the personal goals and changing demands of the global world.

  • Migrating to Canada or Migrating to Australia through ICCRC registered consultant & MARA registered consultant respectively is the right pathway to follow to make your application successful.
  • Our services include Skilled Migration, Business Migration and study abroad programmes, we provide end-to end services from determining the country of your choice, submitting your applications, complying with the requirements, understanding the migration law in specific country or region and what to do before you arrive in the country of destination and once you arrive as an immigrant.
  • We have a success rate of 98% in all aspects, with more than 5000 clients who availed our services and eventually benefitted from them.


A visa is required for travelling from the United Arab Emirates to the USA for both immigration and non-immigration purposes.

The standard required documents necessary for USA visa from Dubai are as follows:

  • Confirmation page of completed DS-160 form.
  • Your Valid Passport. It must be valid for at least 6 months more. In addition, it must also have at least one blank page to affix the visa sticker on it.
  • A recent US Visa photograph. The sized should be of 5 x 5 cm size, and taken recently within the last 6 months. If you have uploaded the photo to the DS-160 application form, then there is no requirement of submitting an additional photo.
  • US Visa Appointment confirmation (if applicable).
  • Receipts of paid application fee for visa
  • Previous US visas (if applicable).
  • Proof of criminal record, basically a police certificate, known as ACRO, which one should obtain from the respective authorities.
  • If you have ever been rejected from entering or deported from the US, you must also submit documents in regards to the reasons behind the deportation/rejection.

DS- 160, the online Nonimmigrant visa application form, is for temporary travel to the United States. It is submitted electronically to the state website, from there the consular officer extracts the information for processing the visa. The DS -160 has replaced the DS-156, DS-157, DS- 158 and DS- 3032 which are not necessary.

  • Travel itinerary, if you have already made travel arrangements.
  • Dates of your last five visits or trips to the United States, if you have previously travelled to the United States. It might also be asked for your international travel history in recent five years.
  • Resume or Curriculum Vitae - You may be required to provide information about your current and previous education and work history.
  • Other Information - Some applicants, who are dependent on the intended purpose of travel, will be asked for additional information while completing the DS-160.

The Form I-20 - an official U.S. Government form which is issued by a certain certified school. This document a non-immigrant student must have in order to get an F-1 or M-1 visa. Form I-20 is a proof-of-acceptance and contains the information necessary for paying the SEVIS I-901 fee. The Form I-20 has the student's SEVIS identification number, which begins with the letter N and is followed by nine digits, on the upper right hand side directly above the barcode.

Students and Exchange Visitors Visa (F, J, and M): You will be asked to provide your SEVIS ID, which is printed on your I-20 or DS-2019, so you should have this form available when completing your DS-160. You also will be asked to provide the details of the school in which you intend to study. This information should be present on your I-20 or DS-2019 form.

Petition-based Temporary Workers (H-1B, H-2, H-3, CW1, L, O, P, R, E2C- You should have a copy of your I-129 available when completing the DS-160.

Other (Temporary) Workers: You will be asked for information about your past employer, including the address, contact details etc., while completing your DS-160.

In order to apply for a US Tourist Visa from Dubai one should submit the following extra documents to the Dubai consulate:

  • Cover letter. Explaining the purpose of your trip.
  • Financial or bank statements to prove you have enough finances to stay in the US.
  • Proof of personal details. These documents could be proof you have a family, job contract, lease, or property deed in Dubai, to which you will return once the purpose is completed.
  • (Optional) US visa invitation letter from friends or family in the US.
  • If you are a student, bring your transcripts or diploma.
  • In case you are employed you need:
    • a letter from your employer
    • Last three months’ pay slips.
  • Photocopies of your relative's status in the US. Required if you are visiting family or friends that live in the US.
  • Medical report. Required if you are visiting for medical purposes.

A visa interview is mandatory for UAE residents falling between 14 - 79 years old. One should ascertain to attend the interview on time. On the same day, you will have your biometrics taken, before the interview; the consulate staff will enter and examine your application documents. If late, your appointment will be cancelled. The interviewer will ask some questions regarding your trip. One has to ensure to answer all interrogations correctly. Also the answers must comply with the information given in the documents.

Generally it takes four to six weeks for processing the visa.

One has to initiate the application process again, which will consist of paying the fees again, to prevent this one must submit all the documents and related information accurately.

There is an adoption of new laws and regulations, merit-based immigration means that the criteria to get a U.S Green Card based on certain achievements including demographics, qualifications, achievements, skills, job prospects and so on.

In the U.S, the proposed bill is called the Reforming American Immigration for Strong Employment Act or the RAISE Act. This RAISE Act point system will assign each applicant a certain number of points based on their qualifications.

The health insurance policy is similar for immigrants and US citizens. One has to purchase their health insurance through private companies because the US does not have a national healthcare system that covers all groups of people.

Canada, Belize, Costa Rica, The British Virgin Islands, Dominican Republic, Caribbean part of Netherlands, Jamaica, Mexico

  • Both a visa and a green card are issued by the United States Civil Immigration Authorities, they are issued to a foreign citizen.
  • Green Card holders and most Visa holders (except for those entering the US under purposes as tourism, health treatment, training etc.) are allowed to work in the US.
  • If being found guilty of committing crimes the green card or visa would be revoked and the foreigner would be deported.
  • They are not allowed to vote.

The Green card does not expire, but it has to be renewed every 10 years.

After you have decided which one you can apply for, reviewed the requirements and, you must start the Green Card process. For most Green Card applications there are a few steps as follows:

Have a sponsor petition for you

Your sponsor must apply for a petition on your behalf - a family member or employer. The form for family-sponsored petitions is Form I-130, while the form for employment-based petitions is Form I-140. The petition must be filed with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the fees for US employment based Green Card must be paid.

Receive the NVC Package

If the petition is approved, the National Visa Centre (NVC) will send you a package – USCIS will go through the petition and will decide whether you qualify. Once approved, your documents will go to the (NVC), which will send you a package to your country of residence. The package will have all the instructions and forms which you should fill out for application. NVC will not be sending this package until your priority date is current.

Apply for a visa at the US embassy

You must apply for the visa at a US Embassy – following the instructions from the NVC package, you will pay all necessary application fees and apply at a US Embassy in your country of residence. You will have to submit supporting documents as well as have your visa interview.

Travel to the US

If your visa is approved, you must travel to the US with your arrival package –the US Embassy will give you an arrival package. You are not allowed to open the arrival package but must carry it with you when you first travel to the US. Only a US immigration official is allowed to open it and decide whether you are allowed to enter the US or not. Remember that even if you have a visa, it does not guarantee that you will be allowed to enter the US. The immigration officials in the US at any port of entry have the authority to decide.

Once in the US, you have to file a Form I-485 application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status to USCIS. This form will get you the permanent residence card. After USCIS processes your request for one to four weeks, you will receive your Green Card in the mail.

An acceptance of a mere visa cannot guarantee entry into the United States. A visa permits a foreign citizen to travel to the U.S. port-of-entry, and the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) immigration officer authorizes or denies admission to the United States.

If a visa is damaged one has to reapply for a new visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad.

It is strongly recommended that applicants should not book their travel until they receive their passport and new visa. The best way to avoid the unwanted circumstance of having bought an airplane ticket is by finding out that the visa was refused, or else you might require to go through the costly process of changing your tickets to another travel date.

On May 31 2019, the Department of State updated its immigrant and non-immigrant visa application forms to request additional information, including social media identifiers/ handlers, from most U.S. visa applicants worldwide. Including the data of Facebook, twitter and Instagram.

One has to obtain a new passport before interview if:

  • The passport expires in less than 6 months after you enter the United States.
  • The film on the biographic data pages of your passport is peeling,
  • Your passport is torn, damaged, mutilated or has been washed or laundered etc.

You qualify for the Visa Waiver program if you are a citizen of a Visa Waiver Program eligible country, possess a machine-readable passport, are traveling for temporary business or a visit of less than 90 days, meet the program requirements, and must have obtained an authorization through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).

Yes, for most applicants. There are only a few exceptions where the applicants generally do not have to appear in person:

  • Applicants who are renewing their visa may be eligible for the Interview Waiver.
  • Applicants for A1, A2 (official traveller), C2, C3 (central government officials for transit) or G1, G2, G3, G4 (central government officials traveling for an international organization, or employees of an international organization)
  • Children under the age of 14 years of age at the date of the initial visa interview and if both parents have a valid non-immigrant visa.
  • Applicants over 80.

Not required. If your visa is valid and undamaged, you can travel with your two passports together (old and new), if the purpose of your travel matches your current non-immigrant visa. The personal details must be the same in both the passports, and from the same country and of the same type (i.e., both tourist passports and both diplomatic passports).

Section 214(b) is part of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). It states:

'Every alien shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application for admission, that he is entitled to a non-immigrant status.'

The consular officers have a tough job for deciding in a very short time whether someone is qualified to receive a temporary visa. Most cases are decided on the basis of a brief interview and review of whatever evidence of ties an applicant presents. To qualify for a US visitor Visa or student visa, an applicant must meet the requirements of the INA. Failure to do so will result in the refusal of a visa under INA 214(b). The basis for such refusal is the concern that the prospective visitor or student shall have a residence abroad and he/she has no intention of abandoning. Applicants must prove the existence of such residence by showing that they have ties abroad that would compel them to leave the United States at the end of the temporary stay.

Strong ties differ from in all aspects like country to country, city to city, and individual to individual. Some examples of ties can include a job, a house, a family, a bank account. "Ties" can bind you to your country of residence: your possessions, employment, social and family relationships.

U.S. consular officers are aware of this diversity. During the visa interview they look at each application individually and consider professional, social, cultural and other parameters. In cases of younger applicants, consular officers may look at the applicant’s intentions, family situations, and prospects within his or her country of residence. Each case is thus examined meticulously and is in accorded with every consideration under the law.

No, the consular officer shall reconsider a case if an applicant shows further convincing evidence of ties outside the United States. Unfortunately, some applicants may not qualify for the nonimmigrant visa, unless how many times they reapply, until their personal, professional, and financial circumstances change.

An applicant refused under Section 214(b) should review carefully their situation and evaluate their ties. They may write a note down regarding the qualifying ties they have which may not have been evaluated at the time of the interview with the consular officer. Also, if it has been refused, they should review what documents were submitted for consideration in the first place. Applicants refused visas under section 214(b) may reapply for a visa. When they do, they will have to show evidence of their ties or how their circumstances have changed since the original application. It may help to answer the questions before reapplying: (1) Did I explain my situation in a genuine way? (2) Did the consular officer overlook something? (3) Is there any additional information that I can present to secure strong ties abroad.

The petition is a request form/ document stating the details that must be submitted by the prospective employer no earlier than 6 months prior to your proposed employment start date. Before applying for a temporary worker visa at the U.S. Embassy, one must have an approved Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker, from USCIS. The employer should file the petition as soon as possible within the 6-month period to allow adequate time for processing. Once this gets approved, your employer will be sent a Form I-797- Notice of Action.

The U.S. non-immigrant visa grants you permission to travel to a Port of Entry (airport/seaport) in the United States. When you arrive at the destination Port of Entry, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer processes your entry, which will determine the length of time that you may remain in the country. The visa duration does not determine the length of time that you may legally remain in the United States; only the Customs and Border Protection officer can decide this upon your arrival in the United States.

If one prefers a combination of dynamic career opportunities with eminent facilities and a balanced work life, the USA should be your place. Extremely multicultural and welcoming country due to various authenticities yet no problem in communication as the basic language is English with Spanish language spoken in the USA. Thus, the USA is the best destination for migration.

Cosmos services include Skilled Migration, Business Migration and study abroad programmes, we provide end-to end services from determining the country of your choice, submitting your applications, complying with the requirements, understanding the migration law for a country or region; dos and don'ts before you arrive in the country of destination and once you arrive as an immigrant.

Enter your information

Choose the Destination to migrate