Canada Visit Visa

Through Canada visit visa, Canadian government permits foreign nationals to enjoy a visit on a temporary basis, which can be due to various reasons such as family visit, holiday or tourism, business, small meet or a conference. You will require a Visit visa as a mandate which is available for 6 months; unless you are a citizen belonging to visa exempt countries by which you can enter Canada for a period of 180 days.

Family Sponsorship

You can include your spouse or common-law partner in your Canada visit visa application, along with the dependent children below 19 years of age.

Since August 2014 few laws have been implemented which mentions only children dependent by means of finance and under the age of 19 must be included in your Canada visit visa application, exception is the case of children with certain physical or mental disabilities and health conditions, in such conditions the age is no bar.

Parents and Grandparents

Ideally parents are not to be included on the initial Canada visit visa application, and must instead be sponsored by a permanent resident or citizen of Canada.

In order to be able sponsor your parents and grandparents to enter Canada as permanent residents one needs to co-sign a sponsorship agreement, which states:

  • The person sponsoring the visa shall provide the financial support.
  • Also the parent(s)/grandparent(s) will be able to take all reasonable measures to support themselves financially, if they can.


Visa applications can be made for orphaned relatives who are under 19 years of age including brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild. Sponsoring these relatives have a similar eligibility criteria and restrictions as for sponsoring parents/grandparents.

Furthermore you can also sponsor a child under 19 years of age that you plan to adopt, regardless all the international adoption rules and conditions are met.

Visit Visa Types

Single Entry

A single entry visit visa option allows one from a foreign country to enter Canada for a single time only.

However, a multiple entry visa permits foreign nationals to enter and leave Canada multiple times as often as they want and as long as the visa validity is there. Applicants are automatically classified whether to choose for multiple entry visas or only to be issued single entry visas under unique circumstances.

Multiple Entry

Multiple entry visitor visas permit the holder to travel to Canada for a period of six months, which is thus valid for up to 10 years.


  • Canada tourist visa requirements include a passport- the validity period should be at least 6 months at the time of travel.
  • Valid Emirates Id
  • Two recent passport size coloured photographs (required with matte or semi-matte format), with 35mm x 45mm in size. White background with 80% face coverage.
  • Bank or financial details whih indicates that your journey is being taken care off financially.
  • Non-refundable visa application fees.
  • A certificate of NOC stating salary, designation, joining date, travel purpose for employee
  • For business visa travellers, one must have a business income, Valid Trade License copy, Self-introductory letter stating monthly income, passport details of Partners, Investors & Owners.
  • Travel insurance
  • A letter stating the purpose of stay in case of any official small visit, or training program.

How to Apply

  • Applicants travelling to Canada on a Canada tourist visa can apply online, or submit a paper application,
  • One needs to apply at a Visa Application Center (VAC) or an embassy.
  • If you are travelling as a family then each family member which includes the dependent children must complete their own application.
  • Applicants must be required to include biometric details such as their fingerprints and photograph in their application, depending on their country of citizenship.
  • A surety that you will return back to your country before the visa gets expired.

Business Visa

  • All business visa visitors to Canada unless they are visa-exempt, require a visitor visa to enter the country,
  • Business visitors therefore need a temporary resident visa (TRV), or visitor visa, to visit Canada.
  • A business visitor visa is different from a Canadian work permit. You are not permitted to work in Canada if you are a business visitor.
  • Business visitor visas are intended for short-term business activities such as industry conferences, site visits, or training.
  • Unless you are transferred to Canada by your company or are otherwise employed by a Canadian company, you might require a work permit.
  • In that situation you must apply for a work permit before you can begin working.
  • Your application must be processed by the Canadian visa office, responsible for the country in which you live or are a citizen.
  • There is no special visa for business visitors to Canada although the business visitors will have to follow the normal application for a visitor visa, or TRV with an indication stating they are entering Canada for an international business purpose.
  • Some business visitors may be visa-exempt, if they belong to visa-exempt countries. Thus the individual may need an electronic travel authorization (eTA), if they arrive in Canada by air.
  • Business visitors are permitted to bring family members along with them to Canada, regardless each family member completes their own visitor visa application
  • However, you can legally stay in Canada as long as your visitor visa is valid.
  • One has to show a proof of the business activity on the Canada port of entry.

Countries falling under visa exempt category

Andorra Britain Falkland Islands
Austria British National Overseas Gibraltar
Australia Anguilla Montserrat
Bahamas Bermuda Pitcairn Island
Barbados British Virgin Islands Saint Helena
Belgium Cayman Islands Turks and Caicos Islands
Brunei Darussalam Croatia Czech Republic
Chile Cyprus Denmark
Estonia Finland France
Germany Hong Kong (Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China) Iceland
Greece Hungary Israel
Republic of Korea Italy Japan
Latvia Liechtenstein Lithuania
Luxembourg Malta Mexico
Monaco Netherlands New Zealand
Norway Papua New Guinea Poland
Samoa Portugal San Marino
Singapore Slovakia Slovenia
Solomon Islands Spain Sweden
Switzerland Taiwan Vatican City State

Foreign nationals who belong to visa-exempt countries will require a valid electronic travel authorization (eTA).

Cosmos’s assistance:

  • Application form filing and assistance for visa
  • Verification of documents, submission in the embassy/VAC
  • Easy appointment assistance for Canada
  • Special holiday packages and guidance with airport transfers
  • Step by step guidance with the visa procedure
From Saturday to Thursday (8.00 AM to 8.00 PM)

For further assistance Ask our Expert

Enter your information

Choose the Destination to migrate