The Coronavirus took the world by storm. Nobody expected it to be this fatal and dangerous. To tackle this deadly virus and save its citizens from this virus, the governments around the world announced lockdowns and closer of their borders to international travelers. This decision majorly impacted the countries whose economies were supported by international travelers and immigrants just like Canada. But thankfully now we have learned ways to fight the virus. This helps countries like Canada reopen their borders for immigrants. This ease of situation comes with certain restrictions. Further in this article, we have discussed many such travel restrictions while traveling to Canada.
Now that Canada is slowly opening up and allowing people from different countries into Canada. The Canadian authorities have laid out certain guidelines and restrictions for people entering Canada from outside.
- Permitted citizens must download the official Arrive Can app, through which they must submit their travel details along with their contact details.
- If you are not vaccinated, but still want to enter Canada, you can do so by agreeing to a self-quarantine of 14 days.
- A complete quarantine plan must be given to the concerned authorities. This plan must include a designated place of quarantine and how you plan to get essentials like medicines and groceries.
- Failure to provide this plan, and if you deviate from this plan, you will face jail time of up to 6 months or will have to pay a hefty fine of CAD$750,000.
Who can travel?
- Only vaccinated citizens and permanent residents of Canada are allowed to enter Canada from outside the country. If you are not fully vaccinated, then you will have to quarantine for 14 days.
- Eventually, vaccinated travelers from different countries will be able to enter Canada. But there are only a few vaccines that Canada authorizes that are:- AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, COVAXIN, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Janssen/Johnson & Johnson.
- International travelers will not be allowed to enter Canada if they are not vaccinated. Until they have some concrete reason
- The authorities have also announced that if you are vaccinated, you will not need a PCR test, and just a rapid test will also work as proof of Covid negative. This rule, however, will be implemented later this year.
To attract people and encourage citizens to travel, the tourism department has given out many offers on different things. You can avail of major discounts for skiing and snowboarding, like adventure activities. You can travel to major cities like Quebec, Toronto, Montreal, etc. There you will get great offers on food and entertainment.
These are some of the restrictions that you need to keep in mind before you plan a trip to Canada. The daily COVID-19 cases in Canada have seen a sharp fall since it last peaked. Looking at the current situation, things are slowly going back to normal. Other than these restrictions, you will also experience a mask mandate situation in some of the provinces before you enter a public place. If you take care of all these restrictions, you can plan a trip to Canada and experience something other than lockdowns.